Transmission Question

fordman2575

New Member
I have a 1976 F-100 with a 300 six and C4 transmission that is shot. I have a guy that sys he will sell me a C6 transmission and swears it will bolt right up with no changing out of parts. The C6 is also coming out of a 76 with a 300 six. Will this thing bolt right up or if not what would have to be changed.

Thanks
 
fordman2575 said:
I have a 1976 F-100 with a 300 six and C4 transmission that is shot. I have a guy that sys he will sell me a C6 transmission and swears it will bolt right up with no changing out of parts. The C6 is also coming out of a 76 with a 300 six. Will this thing bolt right up or if not what would have to be changed.

Thanks
[snapback]17135[/snapback]​


Im not sure but the things I would check are overall length to see if your drive shaft will work,attachment points for vaccum line and fluid cooler line,and mount brackets.I would ask if he will include the brackets if you need them.Also check the shift linkage to see if attaches the same way as well as the kickdown linkage.Other than that it probably will BOLT RIGHT UP to your motor.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top