Transmission Info.

BullyBob

New Member
At first I thought this was the A/C compressor....
I have an '02 F-150 auto with the 4.2 V6.
I get a slight vibration (while sitting at traffic light) that comes & goes about every 4-5 seconds.., however it never really goes away, unless I put it in neutral. Seems stronger when eng. is completely warmed up.
Turning off the A/C helps ever so slightly., & like I said, I thought that was it.
It's not..! Seems as if it's not really going completely in neutral at stops.
Works fine under every other condition/usage.
Fluid was changed some 30,000+ miles ago....don't know what brand they used.
My bro's newer Dodge with the V/8 Hemi did this as well...?
Maybe this is normal...??? Thought I'd ask........
Bob

P.S. otherwise this truck has been 100% dependable...I've had it 7 yrs.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top