Transfercase Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter NiceBackSeat
  • Start date Start date
N

NiceBackSeat

Guest
I have a 1980 Full size Bronco and i took it offroading too hard. I think the transmission is fine but the transfercase is definitly not working properly. It will only power the wheels in 4low and it won't shift gears in 4low. Im thinking about just swapping the transfercase for a rebuilt one because i don't know anything about repairing them. Anyone have any suggestions?
 
may have knocked the linkage out of adjustment . which t-case do you have ? i know some about the np 208 and np 205's
 
I have the C6 and NP 208 in my F100, low four will ONLY work in 2nd gear I guess to protect from overloading the drivetrain.
 
hey indoz, i have 86 w/ c6 and np208, i think, in my truck but i have never noticed that it only uses 2nd. does this mean that it skips 1st and/or doesnt go into 3rd? fo you any way. when i use 4L, i always shift manually and i definately know it uses all 3 gears b/c shifts are harder from low gearing.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top