Trans Swap For 67 Bronco 6 Cyl

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikesBronco
  • Start date Start date
M

MikesBronco

Guest
I have a 1967 Bronco that i am restoring, it has a 170 6 cly engine, i would like to install a 4 speed man, or auto Trans. It has a 3 speed now. What are the options for using this 170 6 cly that i want to keep?
 
I too have a 170 I-6 and I have looked into the conversions and the possiblilites are mostly NP transmissions, the NP435 and NP4500, I know that you need a special adapter for the 435 to couple it, but I don't know exactly if there are any problems still using the inline. As for an automatic trans, you could try and find a rebuilt or remanufactured C-4 and it should work fine, but look into it.
 
The 4speed creates a whole bunch more shifting....& you're still 1-to-1 in forth gear. (you are 1-to-1 in 3rd gear now) The 6 is a bit under powered to run an auto trans.
 
you could probably get and adapter kit at parts stores and put either 1 on it
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top