Trans swap-auto to ZF5spd-96 powerstroke

OldVaquero

New Member
I did a complete re-build , installing a 96 powerstroke and XLT crew-cab on a 89 F-350 frame. This was a complete build from the ground up, including adding a full air ride rear suspension. My question is how do I get the speedometer to work, as the auto which was in the 96, was replaced with the ZF 5 spd from the 89, and there is no speed sensor on the trans(5 spd). I have been told 2 different things, one is that I need a tach sensor, the other is that the speedometer will read off the antilock sensor on the rear axle. I have used the entire wire harness from the 96, so everything is wired corectly for the pcm. Also, what do I do with the plug on the harness from the original transmission. I know that in some circumstances that you must install a shunt when disconnecting from the system, is this the case here, or can I just cover it and call it good? There are 2 other unused plugs on that particular harness, which one is for the manual trans?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top