Tranny Trouble (HELP!!!)

Nathan

New Member
Hey I am new to this site and I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have a 95 F-150 4x4. when I bought it it was a I-6, E40D, with 3.08 gears a body lift and 33 inch tires. The 300 blew up so I installed a 5.8 out of a 92 F-250. At the same time I also changed the gears from 3.08 to 3.55. My problem is ever since I swapped the engine the E40D wont shift. in first or second gear it just sorta binds up and won't move. in drive it will move if you feather the throttle from take off. If you mash it it just binds. once it gets up and rolling in drive it might shift once but won't downshift on hills or anything. Also the O/D button is broken off the end of my shifter. but that made no difference with the 6 cylinder. I am thinking this is electrical since it started when I changed the motor. Any suggestions or help at all would be greatly appreciated. :wacko:
 
Yea i had the smae problem. check ur rounds. on my truck it was on the front of the truck by the radiator support. If all your graound are hooked up its the shift solinoid and that is located in the tranny pan.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top