Tranny Slips! Gears Take A While To Catch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mikey
  • Start date Start date
M

Mikey

Guest
I got a 89 bronco with 5.0 V8 engine. I just got back from The Gulf of Mexico. Some Nice races down there by the way. Well on my way back which was about a hour drive, my gears weren't catching. I was going only about 35 MPH and I couldn't go faster. After about 30 minutes, the gears shifted themselves and it was fine. I checked the ATF and it was full and my oil was missing a quart so i put it in. Now my Transmission takes a while to react and its brand new. It was changed and flushed 3 months prior but was leaking a little bit from transfer case. Any suggestions out there from anybody. <):)
 
Mine slips a lot every once and a while, yesterday i pulled uot of my drive way and gunned it and it didnt go anywhere!! took about 5 seconds to catch, always takes a few seconds in between changing gears also, any help would be appreciated by both of us, thank you




Turner

:)>-
 
you could have goop in the valves and servos. this causes a drop in pressure and doesn't allow it to shift and engage gears. mabey new filter and flush or a rebuild.
 
Another two cents, did you put in a new torque converter when you did the trany? If not, it may be the problem. Take it to your local friendly trany guy.

Good luck, :)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top