Tranny And Brake Swap?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cwboyup
  • Start date Start date
C

cwboyup

Guest
I've waited years to find an eb. finnally got a 1972 eb for $500. I have a 76 f-150 4x4 that has a granny low 4speed , dana 44 frontend. will the tranny- transfercase fit in the 72 also what brake parts can i rob off of it to have power disc brakes?
 
Forgot to mention on your direct e-mail I sent on the wristed arm and suspension stuff you want to do. The brakes off the F150 D44 can be bolted to the D44 on your Bronco. Take off the drums to the housing and install the disc stuff. All Dana44's are pretty much the same when it come down to the housing. Chevy, Ford, Dodge just have the carrier in difference locations. Everything else can interchange. I have Chevy discs/hubs set up out of a blazer on my 68 D44.

The axle shafts are longer in the F150. You can re-use the driverside shaft for a spare by cutting 1/2" off the inside (carrier end) splines. The driverside F150 shaft is like 5-6" longer so it would have to be cut down and resplined at a machine shop. Best thing is to take the longer shaft and stock Bronco shaft to a shop and have them cut it the same length and respline. Then you have a spare for both sides when you snap one off road. Use the new Spicer 5-760X ujoints in the larger F150 shafts. Its the strongest u-joint I've found for $30ea. Or spend a few hundred each on CTM's or OX u-joints. :wacko:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top