Towing Capacity

  • Thread starter Thread starter 460cidfi
  • Start date Start date
4

460cidfi

Guest
whats the towing capicaty of a 91 bronco with a 5.0 auto,od 8.8 quad shock need to buy a hitch help
 
Check your GVWR on the door jamb sticker, it should be around 5500 lbs. You can pull a 10,000 lb. trailer, but to do it safely over long distances, I would stay under 5000 lbs. with a 400 lb. tongue weight. A Class III receiver hitch, is normally adequate, but most folks opt for a Class V for the extra strength.
 
My F350 1-Ton came stock with a 5500 lb pulling rating and 500 lb tounge.
I pull my 68 Bronco on a flat bed trailer I made which is all 1/4"-1/2" steel so its heavy. When I was sizing up a drop hitch the guys at the shop said my hitch set up is under the weight rating of the trailer I was pulling with a vehicle. So I had them put a 10,000 lb rated set up on. The drop hitch is solid bar stock instead of 1/4" box tube.
 
up to 5K is probably safe

and also get a transmission cooler put in, we all know how ford auto over drive tranny's are, dont give em an excuse to crap out.

contact your local uhaul moving center
 
my 86 with the 5.8 HO and 9" rear end has towing capicty of 7700 lbs. acording to the manual. does anyone have a trailer special. they are supposed to have a 460 and 7 clutches in the tranny and 4.something gears in the rear end. does anyone know more about this?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top