Torque Converters

hawk2100n

New Member
Does any one know if the torque converters in broncs were lockup. If they were, can the lockup portion of it go bad or wear out. I am asking for my 86 351w with 3 speed at w/o overdrive. It just feels like it is always slipping. I need to get a little more out of $50 worth of gas because I get 8 mpg and I want at least 10. Can a new torque converter do it?
 
i don't remember ever seeing a lockup converter in a bronco!
i built transmissions for 22 years. pull the pan off your transmission
look to see if there is a lot of metal in it, if there is chances are the forward friction
clutches are comming apart and you would need to rebuild it. and the converter could be bad to. if a lot of metal is there it will look black and nasty.
hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top