Tire Size

  • Thread starter Thread starter sKot
  • Start date Start date
S

sKot

Guest
I'm installing a Skyjacker Class II 6" lift. I have 32" tires now, how large can I go with this lift? Is there a chart somewhere I could reference?
 
35's with no rubbing (almost no rubbing at full articulation you might have some)....upto 37's, with some trimming and will probably have rubbing.
 
ok as for tires dont go bigger than 36's your ttb bearings will thank you :)
 
I have 31x10.5x15s can i go with 33x10.5x15. without any problems
 
I would not put larger than 35's with the Skyjacker kit, and you will still have occaisional contact on the quarter panels in front of the rear tires.

You can fit 33's on a stock Bronco, but will also have some contact.
 
you know what! SPOOOGE on those damn tirefitment guides, they said i could not fit 33's on a stock height, i did, they said i coundl't fit 35x12.50R15's with just a 3 inch body, and i did, but those still fit in my wheel wells. if its bigger then the wheel wells just trim the bottoms a little, or get bushwackers, besides, if u want a tire, go to schwab and do a test fit, they'll put one on and set it back down and see if they fit, they did for me.
 
Yeah, I think most guides are just that--guides. 33's can fit on the fullsize Broncos, but on some of the models they will rub the fenders or front bumper. Alot depends on the width of the tire and the wheels you use. If the suspension is a bit worn, you'll get more rub, too. As for the lift kits, a 6" may give you from 5-7" lift depending on brand. Like stated, if they rub you can trim the fenders or the bumper, or drive like granny like I do. Big tires are tough on axle parts!!!
 
got to this one too late. good support guys i actually have nothing to add. other than i have 35's with no problem at all and all i haave is a 6" body lift not suspension.
 
yeah i know what your saying but the guy who had it before me just took some 6" hard rubber bushings and some long bolts and lifted the body of the truck about 6" above the frame. it actually isnt that bad. i dont lose and sterring and stabilty is actually still there to. the body doesnt rock and roll like i thought it was going to do when i first saw it. it drops the transfer case shift real low as well so i actually think its pretty good. it makes it look like a monster and everything else gets sleek and you lose no stabilty or steering. i would take a pic but as i have said before i dont have a digicam yet.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top