Timing Question On A 351w '82 Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter cryptonik420
  • Start date Start date
C

cryptonik420

Guest
Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time locating the timing mark on the harmonic balancer. I don't have a clue how I find this thing.

What is the timing specs as well? + or - TDC? This is my first timing job and I'd like to be able to do it right. Any help will be appreciated.
 
I have the same problem with my timing marks. I have to get under the truck and clean the outside rim or the balancer, then rub whited chalk into the marks and numbers. From the top, I only have a 2 - 3 inch window to shoot the timing beam thru as well as look thru.

The timing proceedure for your truck, if you still have the original engine, is on the emissions sticker under the hood. It is usually on the passenger side in front of the radiator. Usually the timing is 8 to 10 BTDC.

Also listed will be the idle speed adjustments and curb idle adjustment proceedure.


Good luck,

:)>-
 
No, this is an engine swapped truck. Used to have a 302 in it. I'll see what i can do about cleaning off that pulley
 
My engine was swapped too, it use to be a 302. The truck now has a 351W. Here is the sticker and calibration I am using for my engine. Photographed it off a 85 Bronco with a 351W.

God luck,

:)>-
 
Thanks for the input! Is that for an EFI model? Just wondering. I'll give 10* BTDC a try and see what happens.
 
Thx man. I do appreciate it. I got it timed and she's running just over 180* at long idle. Nice and smooth too. Thank you so much.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top