Tie Rod Conversion

Sewerrat

New Member
hello, There are alot of you that did the conversion of flipping the tie rod over and mounting them thru the top of the steering knuckle. As I've seen in the wild horses catalog. I'm intrested in doing this because I've been chasing a steering problem for years on my bronco. I think because my draglink and track bar are not on the same angle, I'm getting bump steer Flipping the t/rod would bring it just about where both will be parallel again. Anyway my question is, what tool did you use other than the $90 tapered reamer from W/h? I'm trying to see if there's a cheaper way just to do 3 holes? thanks for any replies
Mike
 
Snap on sells the tapered reamer and so does Tool Town. Its $40 or so but once you do your set-up the bit will be dull. BC Bronco sells the shims so you can drill out the hour glass shape more.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top