The King Of Detailing

  • Thread starter Thread starter FLYFSHIN
  • Start date Start date
Justshootme84 said:
All of these "telephone bugs" or "luv bugs" we have flying around here in South Texas now are making a mess!!! I found the best thing to safely remove them from paint, like on the front of the hood, is Orange Hand Cleaner or GoJo. It cuts grease and bugs. For the glass, I use an ammonia-based window cleaner a few times a day. The stuff from Gunk is about the cheapest. The bugs are very greasy, and my windshield gets splattered so bad I can't see. You cannot read my front license plate, it's solid bugs. I cannot drive my Bronco with the Shaker cause they fill up the intake scoop and clog the filter. :((
damn !!!!

and i thought they were bad in Florida :blink:
 
Go to the carwash twice a day and blast them off!!! The bugshield will get plastered up like the rest of the front, and the radiator will get plugged up. I wash my windshield at lunchtime, and by 2:00PM I can't see again. They're also on the inside of the cab, and the spider webs are fillin' up!!! I'll have to take a pic tomorrow of how bad it is around here, for you folks outside of Matagroda County, Texas!!!
 
I've been lucky enough not to be in state durring that time of year for the last several years but I do remember the kind of havoc they used to do to my cooling system and a/c condenser when I lived in the sticks in Fort bend county. One thing I used to do that works pretty well to keep them out of the radiator is to zip tie a window screen behind the grille and just clean it once or twice a week; then when the bastards all die off in a month or 2 I just put the screen back on the house.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top