Taking Off Factory Automatic Hubs?

mike18

New Member
I can't seem to get off the first lock ring off to take off the body assembly for a 95 full size. Any pointers?
 
Figured it out. Wasn't really that hard I just didn't know what I was doing. Now I just need to figure out how to take off the wheel retainer.
 
I can't seem to get off the first lock ring off to take off the body assembly for a 95 full size. Any pointers?
On the auto hub. Take off the main plate should be 5 or 6 screws. on the outer lip you will see a notch with a thin piece of metal covering two pins. those are part of a ring. put one screw from the plate back in one of the holes alittle bit (this is leverage to pull the hub out). with a pair of plyiers squeeze the pins together and pull on the hub screw. the hole assembly should come out it might take some effort to do this. arfter that you will need a special socket to take off the finale 2 nuts holding on your rotor.
 
I can't seem to get off the first lock ring off to take off the body assembly for a 95 full size. Any pointers?
you might have to take a hammer to tap on the hub to loosen it up..push in on the hub and at the same time, take a ring removal tool or something with a point to place behind the opening in the ring, then pry the ring out on one end and work the tool around to remove the ring even further..i bought the ring removal tool from advance auto
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top