Tailgates

  • Thread starter Thread starter 83BRONCRAWLER
  • Start date Start date
8

83BRONCRAWLER

Guest
WILL AN 80'-UP FULL SIZE TRUCK TAILGATE FIT ON THE SAME GENERATION BRONCO?
 
I say no, cause I wanted to do that, too. It's not impossible but not a simple drop-in fit either. The mounting points for each are very different.
 
the bronco tailgate is far thicker than the f150. not to say you can't do it, but it seems to me like a lot of work for not much gain.
 
I think you have a problem with your keyboard... your CAPS button seems to be stuck


Instead of swapping the Bronco gate, why not make use of it's size? Change the tailgate to a storage box of some kind
 
LOTS and lots of dyna-mat-like underlayment, and hell yeah! That''s actually not a bad idea too. And I just happen to have a spare gate too :D
 
I also have a rusted-out spare tailgate shell from the 88, although it's now riddled with bullet holes from the outside. i've been using it for target practice as a backstop!!! I'm pulling the guts out of my 84 tailgate to lighten it up. Putting subs in there will make it heavy again. But that is something I haven't thought of until you brought it up. Thanks!!! :D
 
a built-in sub box... that is a damn good idea but im not too sure a subwoofer would fit in there unless it were rather small.

Do you really want the back window to be gone?... might get a little tired of those wonderful exhaust fumes
 
I know I want it gone. I'm topless all the time, and I can sell the glass. Plus, it won't get broken by accident!!! I ws thinking about using two 8" subs. I prefer them to the 15" ones I used to have. They were Lanzar's, stolen out of my last truck!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top