J
jbickell49
Guest
I need to get to my tailgate wireing harness, but I cant get the window down to put the tailgate down. Is there any way to manually put down the window or any aternate ways to access the tailgate wireing harness
Just putting this here for those searching for tips like I am. An easier way to trick the switch is just open the gate and push the two driver's side latches closed. It will complete the circuit and you don't have to get to the switch or deal with disconnecting wires.Shadow_D said:90 Bronco, that's easy.
The safety feature / limit switch justshootme84 is talking about is a 2 wire plug between the switch and motor. Look for that, it has a tan wire with a black stripe & a red wire with a yellow stripe. This should be the first thing you check. Unplug this plug from the key switch, then take a small wire and and jumper the plug (connect the two wires). That will close the circuit making the system think the tailgate is fully closed.