Tailgate Window Problems

cjbronco

New Member
I have an 82' with some tailgate window problems. It goes down without a problem, however when I try to get it back up, there is just a clicking noise. Any ideas, before I rip into it?
 
Rear window problems is a big topic of discussion with Bronco's. It could be that you have a bad gear in your motor, or a bad motor period. Either way, you'll probably end up tearing into the tail gate to fix it. I don't know if the later Bronco' have a relay someplace that may be bad, my '79 did not. I had a bad gear in the motor, replacement gear cost me about $10.00 at the parts store. Look for broken or chaffed wires, especially where they go from the body to the tail gate.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top