Tailgate Window Down-n-out

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwilson
  • Start date Start date
J

jwilson

Guest
My 96 XLT Bronco has it's second motor for the tailgate window. I don't want to spend the $$$ it took to replace it again. But the window's down and it just clicks when I turn the key or press the button on the dash.

Is there a manual method to get the window up? I haven't taken the access panel off lately, but I remember the glass coming down and covering the motor so there must be a way to manually move it out of the way. If I take the glass off the track, will I be able to move the track up, reconnect the glass, and just don't use the back window? That would be a nice temporary fix.
 
That's true. But atleast I'll be able to drive it when it's cold and raining. :D
 
check the regulator it may be stuck or froze up in the down pos of the gear on the motor may be bad.
 
Is the regulator behind the glass? How will I know if it's frozen? This sounds like a job for WD-40.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top