Tailgate Weight Rating

fyreduck1921

New Member
Greetings all, can anyone help me. Does anyone know the tailgate weight rating of a 2006 F-150. I recently hauled my Harley Street Bob in the bed of my truck with the rear tire resting on the tailgate with the tailgate down. The bike weighs about 650lbs, so I'm guessing there was about 325lbs on the gate and it BENT! OK so its more of a bow in the middle than a bend, but still 325lbs should not have stressed my tailgate. Thanks for your help.
 
Greetings all, can anyone help me. Does anyone know the tailgate weight rating of a 2006 F-150. I recently hauled my Harley Street Bob in the bed of my truck with the rear tire resting on the tailgate with the tailgate down. The bike weighs about 650lbs, so I'm guessing there was about 325lbs on the gate and it BENT! OK so its more of a bow in the middle than a bend, but still 325lbs should not have stressed my tailgate. Thanks for your help.

The reason the tailgate bowed the way it did is because on the 150s ford stopped putting in the mid-support beams. A good alternative to the tailgate you have now is to either get a 250-350 gate or you could order a great one through Ruff-neck ( i think I got the spelling right). I got my tail gate and headache rack and front grill guard through them and have not had one problem with weight on the tail gate one bit. I hate to admit it but they dont make the 150 like they used to in the good old days. If you need anymore info on the tailgate let me know. I can be reached through here or at [email protected].
 
Greetings all, can anyone help me. Does anyone know the tailgate weight rating of a 2006 F-150. I recently hauled my Harley Street Bob in the bed of my truck with the rear tire resting on the tailgate with the tailgate down. The bike weighs about 650lbs, so I'm guessing there was about 325lbs on the gate and it BENT! OK so its more of a bow in the middle than a bend, but still 325lbs should not have stressed my tailgate. Thanks for your help.
TIME TO GET OUT THE WELDER AND MAKE IT YOUR MAN!!! UNFORTUNATELY GURU IS RIGHT THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top