Tailgate Replacement

  • Thread starter Thread starter wokamonster
  • Start date Start date
W

wokamonster

Guest
Hey all, new member here, I am starting to plan the replacement of the tailgate on my "90 full size bronco, I have found an aftermarket shell for $250, seems reasonable, I have already ripped the guts out and Im going to sandblast the tracks and arms, just wodering if yall could give me any tips or pointers, Im sure Ill have more specific questions as I go along here, thanks,
 
Nuthin to it, but to do it. Before you put that new gate on, I would paint the whole inside of it, with some kind of bedliner. Whatever you choose, make sure it covers every square inch inside
 
make sure you use white grease on the teeth or it will start forming rust on them
 
Run a good bead of RTV along the bottom of the sheet metal seam inside the tail gate. This is where the water collects and starts to rust the bottom of your tail gate. Don't cover the drain holes of course.
 
Can you tell me where you found the tailgate you are using as a replacement? Is is authentic or aftermarket?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top