Tailgate Questions

jenovasubject

New Member
hello everyone,
i have a question about a tail for a 1980 bronco? i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a tail gate with a manual crank to raise and lower the window instead of the electric motor tailgate? and if you would know how much it would cost?


:)>-
 
Sorry, but too my knowledge, I don't think they ever made one. I have the 80-86 parts catalog and there is no manual modle listed.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Ziggy is right, Ford never made a manual crank rear window for the FS Bronco.
That doesn't mean it can't be done, I think Chevy made the manual crank for the Blazer. If you are good with figuring things out I don't see why you can't convert the Bronco to manual with the Chevy crank system.
Give me some time to look at both a little closer and I am sure I can figure out a reliable way to do it.
A friend of mine has the GMC version that I can take a look at.

To be continued.........
 
If you can figure it out ShadowD, that would be a great "How to article" :) . My only request would be to have a manual crank that can be operated from the outside and still be key locked.

Personally, for me, the fewer motor and electronic systems in the doors the better, just something there to fail without warning and cause a PITA :-& .

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top