Tailgate Latches, Ugh!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigDonkey
  • Start date Start date
B

BigDonkey

Guest
Hey guys,

Great to find another Bronco site! I have a 78 Bronco that has constant tailgate latch problems. I have found 2 sets of latches at wrecking yards over the last 18 months, and lo and behold, one of them is screwing up again! I am wondering if anyone out there knows if latches from the early 80's tailgate will fit into my 78 gate. There's nothing else wrong with my gate, so I don't want to replace it. I'm just sick of having to scrounge latches for 78/79's when there are so many of the later latches available.

HELP!

BigDonkey [-o<
 
guess what not made by anyone
take yours any try and fix spings what not clean and grease em
make sure everything is lined up good

run in the tailgate it self has made other things like latches and window mechinisms seem bad falsely
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top