Tailgate Latch

  • Thread starter Thread starter custom_78
  • Start date Start date
C

custom_78

Guest
On my 78 Bronco the tailgate handle pulls up without even unlatchting the tailgate. I took the cover off and I can pull on the cable to unlatch the tailgate. What's wrong with my latch? I need some help to be able to fix this? Thanks.
 
Sometimes the rods fall out of the handle or it might be that the handle is just wore out. I would see if the rods will go back in the handle.
 
There is some tension when you pull on the latch and it moves the rod a little bit but to actually open the tailgate I have to reach in and pull on the rod. Everything seems hookedup? I have to change the power motor and gearbox for the rear window anyway so I'll see if anything looks wrong. Anymore info would be great. Thanks for the help 4xfan78.
 
Got it fixed. One of the brakets for the rods had bent. Thanks for all the help.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top