7 79bronco Guest Sep 6, 2004 #1 I have a 79 Bronco that needs a tailgate and was wondering if a tailgate from any other year would work? Thanks
I have a 79 Bronco that needs a tailgate and was wondering if a tailgate from any other year would work? Thanks
R Ranger429 New Member Sep 7, 2004 #2 78 will definetly fit and I think the 80 to 86 will also fit but they are not a perfect match.
4 4xfan78 New Member Sep 7, 2004 #3 The glass is different on the 80's models I think? I would check it very carefully before buying. 78-79 should'nt be too hard to find, I have one for sale.
The glass is different on the 80's models I think? I would check it very carefully before buying. 78-79 should'nt be too hard to find, I have one for sale.
S Seabronc Moderator Sep 8, 2004 #4 Good luck finding as good used tailgate :unsure: . Have you looked at Jef's Bronco Graveyard? See the 78 - 79 catalog pg. 43 . I wouldn't try to use an 80 and up tailgate. It would be more of a pain than it is worth. Good luck, >-
Good luck finding as good used tailgate :unsure: . Have you looked at Jef's Bronco Graveyard? See the 78 - 79 catalog pg. 43 . I wouldn't try to use an 80 and up tailgate. It would be more of a pain than it is worth. Good luck, >-