T-case Shifter

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yellow 72
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yellow 72

Guest
Well, once again i am here with a problem...
I just installed the duffs "T" style t-case shifter (just the plain one not the twin stick) and when i went to try it out it wouldnt shift properly. I have both of the shift rails connected but only the right one (looking down at them) moves the other one just stays there.
 
Anyone?...
Or, does anyone have a diagram or anything that i could look at.
I really need or would like to have this done soon i just finished making a trail in my back yard and would like to ride it. I'll try and get some pics of it up when we have our mud pit done, its pretty nice.
 
Simple stuff first: in the link between the 2 rods hooked up properly?
Did you change anything in the tranfer case or just switch out the shifters?
The rods are independent internally, only the linkage makes them move together. ;)
 
I do have a diagram and service explaination for the transfer case as well if needed, let me know-BroncoRick
 
Thanks for the reply but i got it straightened out. I dont know how but one of the shift rails was just bound up and it just took some persuading to move.
 
Thats what your right foot is for!

Sometimes you have to get the truck out of gear before you can shift the t-case.
Or other times you have to move the truck forward slightly, release off the gas and feel for the gears to realease, then move the stick while no pressure is on it. Or rock back and forth and shift the t-case while slightly moving in nutral. In other words it can be a two handed precedure if things are tight like yours.
This is why I went with the NP435/NP205, can shift while driving.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top