Swapping 460 from van (RV) to 1977 F100

dani9678

New Member
I am in the process of getting a 460 prepared to drop into my '77 F100 which is a 2wd SWB. I need to know if I can use the rear sump pan that is on it or will I have to swap it for a front sump pan and pick-up tube? Does anybody here have a pic of a 460 that came in their truck that I can see to find out if the oil pan that is on my engine will work or not? I also will need to change both the engine dipstick and tube and the C6 transmission dipstick tube because both are extra long because the engine came out of a 1983 van (RV). I noticed that some 460s had the engine tipstick tube in the timing cover instead of the oil pan. Please help
Thanks,
Matt
Zephyrhills, FL
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top