Suspension Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freewheel Burning
  • Start date Start date
F

Freewheel Burning

Guest
I am in the middle of installing the Superlift 4" lift, and am researching my options for the sway bars. I have the optional rear sway bar, and everywhere I look I see drop links for the front sway bar, but nothing listed for the rear. Are they the same? Are they necessary? I'm sure that not dropping the links is going to have some effect on the bars usefulness, but it looks like it *might* reach.

What has anyone else done in this situation? Thanks.
 
I do not know what you're plans are for you're bronco, but if you are going offroad alot you might consider removing the sway bar. You will get alot more travel from you're suspension. I have also seen swaybar links that have a pin in them so you can disconnect the sway bar before you go off road.
 
My 78 Bronco has a 4 inch lift and the stock sway bar links. I'm thinking of removing the sway bar though for flex.
 
I figured the rears would work, but I'm surprised the front ones will reach! I don't really do that much off-roading, although I plan to do more when I get all of these upgrades done.

A buddy of mine has a '78 with traction bars on it that have cotter pins to disconnect them. I thought that was pretty trick, but having a sway bar set up that way is pretty damn cool.
 
I removed my front sway bar and left the rear one on due to the chance of a rollover. I am going to drive on street ads well as offroad but leaving the rear on seems to help the handling on road and not hurt it too bad offroad. Just a suggestion. ;)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top