Suspenion Question

DragonDave

New Member
Hey Guys/Gals! Well if you ck'd out the gallery you seen my 92 Custom rolled, wasn't much fun. :unsure: Well now I picked up a low mileage 93 5.8 XLT. :D My question was that I noticed I had the quadrashock frt end and a rear sway bar & was kinda curious on how common an option that was back then in 93. Dave P.S. I assume I'm gonna have to loose the rear sway bar when I lift it. Oops ment SUSPENSION!
 
Welcome to BZ!!! Most of the 92-96 Broncos that I've seen or worked on had the "towing package", which included the quad front shocks, front and rear anti-sway bars, etc. if they were the XLT or Eddie Bauer models with the 5.8L V8.
My advice would be to remove both anti-sway bars, as the steering will be affected if you just remove one and keep the other. You will gain more suspension movement via their removal, and not have a big problem with body roll. Only reason to keep the rear one would be for towing, and that's not advisable with a lifted Bronco. I removed both bars from my Bronco, but did install poly body mount bushings. IF your original ones are worn or cracked up, look at poly's.
 
Is it okay to remove both sway bars if my body is mounted solid to the frame via the rollcage which attaches through the body.
 
custom78, I think you would be fine removing the anti-sway bars. You should have even less body roll than stock with the cage. I plan to do the same on my rig once I get the cage installed. I did not notice any effect when removing both sway bars. I do run topless all of the time, though. If you still have them installed, I would try driving without them and see for yourself.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top