Superduty super shake

djkprop

New Member
:huh: I have a 1989 Ford F-Superduty, and it is killing me. While driving down the road if I hit a sharp bump or hole the entire front of the truck violently starts shaking. So bad it will throw everything off the dash and out of the seat. The only way to make it stop shaking is to completly stop the truck which makes interstate travel impossible. I drive it to work, about 25 miles, and on average it will do this 4-5 times.
Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Mate I would seriously consider finding some other form of transport until you sort out this problem, you might be without steering one day. Jack up the front end and get someone to turn the steering wheel, check every swivel point on the steering bars, check the bolts that hold the p/s rack for looseness, one of the bolts could be snapped in mine I found the bolts used were only code 4, I replaced them with code 8 and Locktite, also check the chassis area on which it is mounted for rust, I hope this helps.
Good Luck, Henk from Oz
 
indoz said:
Mate I would seriously consider finding some other form of transport until you sort out this problem, you might be without steering one day. Jack up the front end and get someone to turn the steering wheel, check every swivel point on the steering bars, check the bolts that hold the p/s rack for looseness, one of the bolts could be snapped in mine I found the bolts used were only code 4, I replaced them with code 8 and Locktite, also check the chassis area on which it is mounted for rust, I hope this helps.
Good Luck, Henk from Oz
[snapback]16217[/snapback]​
 
djkprop said:
:huh: I have a 1989 Ford F-Superduty, and it is killing me. While driving down the road if I hit a sharp bump or hole the entire front of the truck violently starts shaking. So bad it will throw everything off the dash and out of the seat. The only way to make it stop shaking is to completly stop the truck which makes interstate travel impossible. I drive it to work, about 25 miles, and on average it will do this 4-5 times.
Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]16216[/snapback]​

I have a 1989 F-350 and it was doing the same thing. I replaced the bushings on the trac-bar and the problem was fixed. It cost me about $50.
 
djkprop said:
:huh: I have a 1989 Ford F-Superduty, and it is killing me. While driving down the road if I hit a sharp bump or hole the entire front of the truck violently starts shaking. So bad it will throw everything off the dash and out of the seat. The only way to make it stop shaking is to completly stop the truck which makes interstate travel impossible. I drive it to work, about 25 miles, and on average it will do this 4-5 times.
Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]16216[/snapback]​
had a ford rv do same thing too much tire pressure suspension problems may causing tires to heat up thus building up tire pressure . me 2cents
 
hey bro. the steering box is prolly bad. i have an 87 4x4 dump that did exactly that, and i did the track bar, ball joints, tie rod ends, and alot more before i figured it out. there is a centering valve in there that goes after so many miles. good luck.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top