Striker Bushings

Bradt

New Member
I need to get the bushings replaced on my tailgate strikers. I got the ones done for my doors free from the scrapyard, but didn't get the tailgate ones. I have some pvc pipe that may work on it, but don't know if it's too brittle. Anyone tried using it before? What other items have you used? I just can't see paying 3 bucks for a one inch piece of plastic.

I have 2 strikers for the door jambs if anyone wants them. They have the strikers and the metal brackets. The brackets are painted black. One of the strikers is a little stripped out where you put in the star bit to screw it in, but there should still be enough there to use it. All I needed was the bushings off them.

brad
 
In the sprinkler section at Home Depot, they have some black plastic tubing called crazy pipe or whacky pipe. It is semi-rigid and doesn't last as long as factory, but works pretty well. I cut this to length and then split in a spiral along length. This helps it stay on the striker better.
 
Bradt said:
I need to get the bushings replaced on my tailgate strikers. I got the ones done for my doors free from the scrapyard, but didn't get the tailgate ones. I have some pvc pipe that may work on it, but don't know if it's too brittle. Anyone tried using it before? What other items have you used? I just can't see paying 3 bucks for a one inch piece of plastic.

I have 2 strikers for the door jambs if anyone wants them. They have the strikers and the metal brackets. The brackets are painted black. One of the strikers is a little stripped out where you put in the star bit to screw it in, but there should still be enough there to use it. All I needed was the bushings off them.

brad
[snapback]13896[/snapback]​
go to oreillys get the whole set at the help ilse for three or four bucks
 
go to oreillys get the whole set at the help ilse for three or four bucks
or Advance Auto parts, NAPA, etc.

try what Jack wrote; but the HELP fits perfectly and with the price of gas, the $3 bucks isn't bad; depending on where a store is...try urethane thermoplastic pipe; that is what the OEM bushings are composed of.
I replaced mine last year;
HELP (DORMAN) has a Bushing Kit
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top