Strange Engine Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter CHEVY SLAYER
  • Start date Start date
C

CHEVY SLAYER

Guest
ok..here's the deal..i have an 88 bronco with a 302 that finally ran her last trip through the mud at 318,624 miles...served me very well...now i also have a 92 f350 with a 444 non turbo diesel engine that is wrecked but has no damage to the engine or tranny..is it possible to make a diesel bronco and if so exactly how much trouble am i getting myself into...i would love the stump pulling torque of the 7.3 which would be great for turning the hell out of the swampers....someone help me out here and let me know what you think...
 
Welcome to the B Zone.
clap.gif


I would think you can do it but I think it will take some work.
You will probably need the transmission and transfer case maybe even the front and rear gears if not the axles. You will also need the wiring harness / computer out of the 92 for the engine, transmission and transfer case (it electronic) and a good set of schematics for both the 88 and 92.
Also don't forget to flush out the fuel tank before you fill it up.

I think the hardest part of this swap will be routing the wiring harness and matching everything up. You may need to add some lights to the dash for things like glow plug warm up, etc. You might be able to find a dash for a diesel at the bone yard ( I think Ford offered the 88 with a diesel.)
You may also have a problem with mounts for the engine, transmission and transfer case.

I am sure other people will chime in with ideas as to how to do the swap but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.
Let us know how you make out.
Good Luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top