greginboise
New Member
Hey all! I've had a strange starting problem on my 1990 F 250 4x4. It has a 460 and a 5-speed. I went to start it the other day, and when I released the key, the starter continued to spin. I quickly turned the ignition off, but the starter continued to spin. It only stopped when I put it in gear, and let the truck roll into a curb. I've replaced to solenoid on the fender well, and it hasn't happened again, but I'm a bit puzzled. To make things stranger, not long after tis incident, I had the exact same thing happen to my '79 Bronco!
In both cases, it didn't seem to have a negative effect on the starter; both continue to operate normally. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon.
As long as I'm here, I would also like to ask how I can get my dash instruments to start working again. The one noticable side effect on the F 250 is that the gauges (except for the speedometer) don't work properly. They still are getting current, but the readings are way off. For instance, the tetmp gauge starts near max, and moves further up as the motor warms up.
Any ideas? Thanks!
In both cases, it didn't seem to have a negative effect on the starter; both continue to operate normally. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon.
As long as I'm here, I would also like to ask how I can get my dash instruments to start working again. The one noticable side effect on the F 250 is that the gauges (except for the speedometer) don't work properly. They still are getting current, but the readings are way off. For instance, the tetmp gauge starts near max, and moves further up as the motor warms up.
Any ideas? Thanks!