Pretty simple question this time........ I'm gettting ready to buy & install a double stabilizer for my 93 xlt & was just wondering if install was completely, "bolt on?"Or if I had to drill anything? Thnx!
The single steering stabilizer I put on my 94 Bronco was completely bolt on. It bolted over the top of the frame on the passenger side and then bolted onto the steering linkage in about the center of the truck. It only took about 5 minutes to put on. I think the doubles just bolt onto the frame on both sides of the truck.
My Rough Country was a complete bolt on, replaced a bolt on with it too.
The double should be exactly the same, just two of everything you need.
No drilling needed, just wrenches.
Also, why a double?
I find my single works fairly well.
Either way, if the double proves to make steering difficult, all you have to do is remove one side and keep it as a spare
i have a 93 xlt too. i got a double kit from bds. and if you have quad shocks, half inch holes need to be drilled into the fwd shock mounts. also make sure they give you the right brackets. the company that ordered mine for me just doubled up the brackets and that is wrong. the driver side is a different bracket then the passenger side and it won't fit. just some info for ya