Steering Stabalizer

I found my fairly simple to install. And I think all manufactures are close to the install procedure. I personally believe they make a difference. It seems to absorb some of the road abuse, especially with oversize tires.
 
I put mine on after I put the bigger tires and 4" lift and the only difference I notice is its more difficult to straighten out the wheel after a corner. Personally I dont like it but it was easy to put on so its gonna be easy to take off :)
 
I agree, I took mine off and I could steer again! Plus it gets in the way off road.
I run 38's and don't see any need for it. If the steering wheel is moving back and forth your tires are out of ballance or you have a bad wheel bearing, ball joint, tie-rod end, trac bar bushing.... |-)
 
On an older model bronco it's the best thing you can put on to help with the stearing. I love mine on my 79 so on the 78 that I am building I put 3 on it. Only takes a few minutes and great when off-roading.
 
I have no steering stabilzer with 35's. UNless you mount them above the axle, they will get in the way when offroading. They do seem to help on the straight-axle frontends a bit more.
 
When I bought my 89 Bronco it had one on it I never thought nothing of it until now but I do have to turn my wheel back to center sometimes if I go a certain distance. I guess if I take mine off it would stop that if everything else is okay??
 
If you have the factory one, I would check if it still works, and make sure it's not leaking. Try it without it for a while and see for yourself if you need it or not. It is supposed to limit the steering wheel from sudden movement, that's why it's called a steering damper. I know it will seem to make the steering feel stiff, but may help out in certain driving conditions. I just drive slow all the time!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top