Steering Problem

voodoodb

New Member
I have just recently converted my 71' Bronco to power steering useing a stock Bronco steering sector with a Saginaw pump. The kit fit wonderful and all works good. I am running 265/75R16 Maxxis Mudders, with a 2" suspension lift. My problem is that there is no resistance at all when steering now, which can cause some scary oversteering corrections and problems when hitting bumps, ruts or potholes in the road. Is there a correction for this, or is this just the way the first power steering units operated? I have asked several local mechanics about it, but none seem to have an answer. I remember a friend telling me that the power steering sectors had a check ball in them and if it was left out would cause the steering to become resistance free. Is this true? I have changed the stock steering wheel to a smaller diameter aftermarket one that seems to help some. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Doug
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top