Steering Limit Stops

DragonDave

New Member
Well here it is guys/gals.........Last Sunday I munched my baby pretty hard on some rocks (knocked the toe & caster out). I had it aligned and its now right on the money, no more drift etc. Well here's the question; before I done the rock thing I could turn all the way from left to right without any tire rubbing etc & now when I turn full left it seems to rub now. Have any of you heard that whatever limits the turning in the steering system can be broken or bent? Thnx! :wacko:
 
You bet! The steering limiting bolt can bend very easy or can even break in a hard crash. Take a look at the bolt and see; if its good, the shop might have replaced them and didn't unscrew them enough. I installed longer bolts on my 68 so I can't steer as sharp. This saves my u-joints thanks to the 38.5" SX's and locked up.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top