Where Do I begin? I thought that I had a faulty ignition switch / lock cylinder, but after my mechanic played with the truck for a couple days, he found that the column was slightly bent.
Based on the information that comes up in a VIN search from my insurance company, or Carfax, the truck was equipped with a driver's air bag, and I found I was able to get the column with the air bag for a reasonable price.
My mechanic called me after he went to place the order for the column and said that my truck does not have an airbag and that the same supplier would charge almost 3 times as much for the one without the airbag.
Aren't these column's the same except for the airbag??? My mechanic and I are not sure and we suspect that the column in the truck now may not be the original. Is there any way to tell how the truck was orginally equipped, and if the columns with or without airbag are interchangable? The column in the truck no is for Floor Shift / Tilt / No Air Bag . The vehicle was stolen once from the previous owner and I'm not sure if they damaged the original column, or if it just doesn't line up right because it was replace with the incorrect one. Any thoughts are appreciated!!!
Based on the information that comes up in a VIN search from my insurance company, or Carfax, the truck was equipped with a driver's air bag, and I found I was able to get the column with the air bag for a reasonable price.
My mechanic called me after he went to place the order for the column and said that my truck does not have an airbag and that the same supplier would charge almost 3 times as much for the one without the airbag.
Aren't these column's the same except for the airbag??? My mechanic and I are not sure and we suspect that the column in the truck now may not be the original. Is there any way to tell how the truck was orginally equipped, and if the columns with or without airbag are interchangable? The column in the truck no is for Floor Shift / Tilt / No Air Bag . The vehicle was stolen once from the previous owner and I'm not sure if they damaged the original column, or if it just doesn't line up right because it was replace with the incorrect one. Any thoughts are appreciated!!!