Steering Column

lukeyboy60

New Member
I managed to pry the steering wheel off and now I am having trouble getting the next piece off. It is the piece that houses the blinker mechanism, between the shift and the steering wheel. It is a three speed on the column shift. I used WD-40, tried to pry it yanked and even blessed it a couple of times and it still wouldn't come off. Any advise on how to get it off? Is there a pin or something that I don't know about?
 
There should be three or four screws that hold the turn signal cam and horn pieces in place. Two are hidden by the turn signal cam so you have to turn the blinker left to get one then right to get the other. Also, there are two small nuts that need to be removed (3/8" I think). Next you have to unplug the wiring harness under the dash. You will see on the plug end from the steering column that it comes apart so that you can remove the wires from the plug ( Don't cut the wires). Make a diagram of what wire goes where in the plug and remove the plug end. Now you should be able to pull the turn signal cam and horn wiring harness out of the column. You should now be able to remove the next two parts of the steering column. Hope that helps.
 
Thanks for the help but I cannot see two small nuts. Where are they located because we took the blinker parts all apart but could not get the first cylinder off even after pullin it like hell, Will the blinker cylinder just pry off or is there something else that I am missing? Thanks.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top