Starting Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter mustang35th1999
  • Start date Start date
M

mustang35th1999

Guest
I recently started having a problem with getting the truck to start. I did a full tune-up , checked the fuel pump pressure , changed the fuel injection pressure relief valve but the truck just won't start normally. it just keeps turning over like it isn't getting gas. I'm open for any suggestions someone might have. Its a 95 eddie bauer full size bronco with the 351 v-8
 
IF IT DOSEN T START NORMALLY,HOW DOES IT START. IS IT DIFFICULT TO START AFTER IT WARMS UP ?IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU RE GETTING THE CORRECT FULE DELIVERY,THEN IT HAS TO BE SPARK. HOW ARE YOUR PLUGS ? CHECK A FEW OUT. COIL IS EASY TO TEST,AS IS CAP & ROTOR,AND TIMING.GOOD LUCK BJ
 
the fuel filter was changed. I tested the spark and it was good. i even checked for codes in the computer but nothin. Never had a problem like this before.
 
If the plugs are wet with gas, they are sparking, and assuming that air is still an oxidizer...the only thing missing is compression. Did you mess with the timing at all?
 
There is one not obvious problem that occurs with EFI systems. Is your fuel pump comming on when you try to start? If not or sporadicly, check the inertia switch which is located on the passenger side under the dash. The switch is designed to shut down your fuel pump to prevent fire in the event of an accident. It is a square black box with a white button. I have heard of cases where this switch will pop and reset on it's own driving the owner nuts trying to figure out what is wrong. If reseting this switch fixes the problem, get a new one.

Good luck, :)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top