Starting Issues

71xlt

New Member
Here's the problem: My buddy has a 1992 F150 4x4 5.0. My problem is that occassionally the truck will turn over but won't start unless you hold the accelaretor to the floor. It will eventually start but will blow black smoke and is hesitant to "go". I have issues with my '92 but found answers while visiting this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Welcome!

question is,

Do you get any codes?

By knowing what error codes are showing this gives us a starting place to help trouble shoot. If needs be I can find some instructions on how to pull codes.
 
No Codes you say.... That does make it difficult.

Maybe some one might off some advice while I think about this problem.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top