My starter just went out on my 78 bronco at the store. I need to know if there is any way for me to still start it in order to get it home so that I can replace the starter
If it has a standard tranny, yes.
If an auto.. no, unless it is the solenoid instead of the starter.
The two large terminals on the solenoid can be jumpered with a set of jumper cables to activate the starter. Only for a few seconds though and expect to see fireworks from it
A standard can be 'jumped' by having the vehicle pushed in nuetral (someone in the seat ready to start the engine AND stop the vehicle ) and dumping the clutch hard after shifting into second gear.
This also works while being pushed backwards, just be sure to put the tranny in reverse if going that direction.
I just installed a new starter and selinoid and when I try to start it up I still hear a clicking noise from the bell housing. Any other ideas. or could it be mis aligned with the fly wheel????