Starter Problems

milscoe

New Member
1995 F-150, 4wd. 4.9, 5speed overdrive. My dad had the truck, thought the starter went so replaced it. It didn't work so thought the starter was no good, got a replacement put it on still wouldn't work. I have the truck now and I have replaced the flywheel ring, and got a 3rd starter and it still won't work. I turns the engine over but is really noisy, grinding sound. I don't want to keep trying though and screw something up again. Any ideas?
 
1995 F-150, 4wd. 4.9, 5speed overdrive. My dad had the truck, thought the starter went so replaced it. It didn't work so thought the starter was no good, got a replacement put it on still wouldn't work. I have the truck now and I have replaced the flywheel ring, and got a 3rd starter and it still won't work. I turns the engine over but is really noisy, grinding sound. I don't want to keep trying though and screw something up again. Any ideas?

You may need to go to a salvage yard and try another starter or have the original rebuilt or maybe try to shim it
 
I had a similar problem 1 month ago... My pilot bearing disinerated literally (We found shrapnel inside of the pressure plate which resembled the bearing sort of...) which alllowed the flywheel to wiggle around and make frightening sounds... It also destroyed the starter drive gear... I didnt find the damage til we took the clutch apart thinking the throwout bearing was bad..
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top