Starter Bolts

  • Thread starter Thread starter TMAC
  • Start date Start date
T

TMAC

Guest
All of the bolts have fallen out of my 74 Bronco (302). It's just hanging there by the battery cable. Anybody know the number, length, size and thread for all of the bolts? Without the old ones, I have no idea what to go buy.
Thanks
TMAC
 
You may have already figured it out, as there has been no replies, but I think you are looking at corse thread 3/8 x 1 1/2 bolts. You might try a big glob of JB Weld or Lock-tite if you can't find bolts. Might work once. maybe. Or not. If it is on video tape, you might win some money on TV and get enough to rebuild the whole deal. I keep telling my wife that, and, although I don't think she beleives me, she charges up the camera anyway...
 
My starter bolts are special items and yours will probably be the same deal.
They are 3/8 coarse thread, but have a head that is sized for a 1/2" wrench.

Regular 3/8 bolts with a 9/16" head will give you heck trying to get them tightened up due to not having clearance for a socket.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top