Squeeky Noise From The Rear Wheel Section

  • Thread starter Thread starter FDpod
  • Start date Start date
F

FDpod

Guest
Holy sh** a BRONCO FORUM..... ! Wohooo... ! [-o<
(By accident you run into interesting stuff on the internet.)

I guess I'll do my introduction in this technical section here :rolleyes:
I have had my '94 Bronco now for almost 4 years, 5 Liter engine and a moderate lift kit on it, the gas mileage sucks, but I still love it (at least when my back isn't too sore after another ride through the Michigan potholes) :D
My transfer case is kinda giving out on me but it still lasts some more (I hope :D ) (.. thats a different story), unfortunately the rust is slowly creeping up on me, and my steering is like commanding a tanker on the ocean. (Well, with 35 gal. in the tank, I guess that has to be that way)

Joke aside and down to business :
What's bugging me for now about half a year is that squeaky sound somewhere around the rear wheels.
It's audible on both sides, it comes clearly from the rear and it's speed dependent.
It kinda sounds like one of those cat mouse toy thingies when you step on them. At walking speed it sounds like: squeak .... squeak .... squeak.
The faster I go its like: sqik.sqik.squik.sqik
(When I go even faster the rest of the noise on the Bronco is overshadowing the squeaky sound :D , but I guess it stays )
When the wheather is cooler (i'd say about 40F) it goes completely away.
When I lightly apply the brake or use the parking brake it makes no difference, sound is still there.

Anybody any ideas what that could be ? Does that sound like wheel bearings ? Or is there a grease point back there that I've missed so far ?
I hate to start replacing just by chance....:-B

Thx
Frank
 
You could also check your brakes, maybe the hand(park) brake cable is not fully releasing, could explain the lack of squeeks in cold weather. Good luck
Henk from Oz
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top