Spindle Hub Socket?

  • Thread starter Thread starter waterdog
  • Start date Start date
W

waterdog

Guest
Trying to put some new warner hubs in a '83. I can't get them all the way in on the drivers side. Friend of mine side i need to buy a spindle hub socket and tighten it up. Is their such a thing, if so what size and where can i get one. I just did a search and read about the axle moveing back. I'm going to try that first. Any help would be appreciated.

waterdog
 
are you talkin about gettin the snap ring on cause the axle will slide back just enough to cover the slot for it
 
'94- i can't get the hub pushed in far enough to get the snap ring on. The passenger side went on with out a problem. Thanks for the help, any other suggestions.
 
waterdog,
Reach through the steering knuckle, push the axle u-joint out towards the hub.
You should now be able to see the snap ring groove.
 
waterdog said:
Trying to put some new warner hubs in a '83. I can't get them all the way in on the drivers side. Friend of mine side i need to buy a spindle hub socket and tighten it up. Is their such a thing, if so what size and where can i get one. I just did a search and read about the axle moveing back. I'm going to try that first. Any help would be appreciated.

waterdog
waterdog there is a spindle hub socket but it is for your wheel bearings. like said above try pushing the axle outward from the back side to get the clip on the axle
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top