Hello,
I bought a 1976 Ford F100 4x4 that has major problems! To start it has a spicer model 21 transfer case with only 2wd and 4wd shift positions that you have to slam to get in and out of 4wd. What would be the best transfer case to swap to? The tranny is a 4 speed with granny gear but I do not know what model. Also it has major steering problems, It goes all over the road and when you sit still and move the sterring wheel to the left, it is like the body moves to the right before the wheels begin to move. Help please, I want to restore this truck because the body is in fairly good shape.
I bought a 1976 Ford F100 4x4 that has major problems! To start it has a spicer model 21 transfer case with only 2wd and 4wd shift positions that you have to slam to get in and out of 4wd. What would be the best transfer case to swap to? The tranny is a 4 speed with granny gear but I do not know what model. Also it has major steering problems, It goes all over the road and when you sit still and move the sterring wheel to the left, it is like the body moves to the right before the wheels begin to move. Help please, I want to restore this truck because the body is in fairly good shape.