Speedo Cluster

  • Thread starter Thread starter BIG BAD BRONCO
  • Start date Start date
B

BIG BAD BRONCO

Guest
hi everybody... havent been here in a while. i am finally getting my bronco back and have a lot of work to be done. i want to know if anyone has taken out the instrument cluster on a 92-96 bronco? if so how hard is it to do? since the mileage is electronic, if i were to find another cluster to put in will the milage stay the same or will it show the mileage of the vehicle it came out of. i want to put some custom graphics on the guages and also change the green background lighting color. has anyone ever done anything like this? is it possible to do. i found this link sxplaining how to do the graphic... http://www.rangerpowersports.com/tech/inte...stomgauge.shtml ... but i wanted to know how hard it is to take it all apart before i damage something
thanks a lot in advance
jonnyb >:)
 
i have a 90 bronco and i have taken everything( dash and instruments) out and it was just a matter of unbolting everything. as far as the mileage staying the same i am not sure how that would work.
 
It's relatively easy to disassemble the whole dask. You have to take off the plastic trim and take off the torx screws that hold the trim and also the ones on the gauge cluster. Then pull the cluster out and take off the wires, they snap on and off. You can purchase another cluster, but make sure that you buy the right one. The 92-96 are not all compatiable, the 94-96 have abs and the others do not. Just take off your old speedo and install it into the new one. You can use the US version or Canadian version, just take off your old speedo and reinstall. Oh yeah, you can also take off the automatic shift indicators,if you need to. I bought euro reverse white face gauges for my 94 bronco. I wanted to get a new cluster, one with a tach, but I can't find one....and I got out bidded on ebay too. So, I just bought white face gauges.
 
If you want some custom gauge faces, check this post out:

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2676

Here are the gauge faces I ordered from him for my Cougar:
Dec-SilverDash.jpg


Here are his Bronco gauge faces, which I'm not sure if they fit the newer ones, past 91:
1. http://members.tccoa.com/93pimpin/Bronco/FordGauges1.jpg
2.
FordGauges2.jpg
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top