Soft Top

  • Thread starter Thread starter BRETS_BRONCO
  • Start date Start date
B

BRETS_BRONCO

Guest
Has anyone bought a soft top for their Bronco and installed it ? I had one for my 1980 Bronco , but would like to get one for my 96 and (yes I know about the third brake light issue ^_^ ) I have only found one site that has them for late models and I would prefer to have a few more options on places to get one if possible.


Thanks

Bret
 
specialttopco.com thats where mine is from, and instead of putting snaps into my body, i have rails that hook on to the truck and the top snaps to them
 
The STC link works for me.

I have one of these:

Skylercorp.com

[THis is only a title/header page, so you have to click one of the pages]

You cannot order a new one, the company is for sale. You can find a used one on ebay and other classifieds, but it will take a while! I bought mine used a few years ago, and absolutely love it! Haven't had the factory hardtop on in nearly two years now!!!

My Skyler gallery
 
i like the ones that come off the top of the truck and go straight down to the tailgate.
 
You're talking about a canopy-style top, similar to the factory hardtop but made out of canvas. Skyler made these, too, in addition to the fastback style that I have. Right now, the only one like the canopy offered new is the STC.
 
I got mine from http://www.soft-tops.com/index.html I love it. it only takes about 2min to take it off and put it away. all they offer is the fastback style top. The only problems i've had with it are that visibility is reduced. but the whole point of havin a soft top is to take it off, and go topless. and that come winter time when i put the hard top back on the "turnbuckels" need to be removed. other than that its probbaly the best addition ive made to my truck, well... after biger tires of course.
 
I was looking into getting that softtop. The fabric looks thin, does it leak when it get wet? I like that style so i can still use me rear seat. I just dont want everything to get all wet so i dont just want my top off allthe time and I would like to be able to remove the top whenits not raining and with me living in North Carolina it can rain.then change to the nicest day ever. I just wanted to know if it leaks. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
 
Ive never had a leak with the top. given, ive only had it for a year, but i have had no problems with the fabric leaking. as for passengers in the back seat... there isnt a wole lot of head room for them with the top on. being a college student, my truck is the "party" truck and me n my friends usualy roll in the bronc to parties, or to crash parties... but with the top on the 6' tall person has to lean foreward quite a bit.

i can take some pics of the top while im puting it on if you'd like so u can make your own decision but im going to wait untill the weather is consistantly in the mid 60's before i pull the hard top back off. i figure in the next week or so. but let me know if any one is intrested in seeing pics of how the top works.
 
Ok no problem. i'll start snapin some pics. and i'll show how i remove the hard top and install the soft top 4 thoes that dont know how.


now if the weathe would clear up...
 
ok heres a pic of the top i snaped it just after i pulled it out of "storage" (a stuff sack in the corner next to my desk) so its kinda wrinkled but it will stretch out in the sun after a day or so.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top