Okay.. So changed my plugs and wires today and I fired it up and it has a misfire and its blowing black smoke. I'm almost certain the firing order is correct and all the plugs are in and wires are tight. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot
This is an 86 302 5.0
I used the 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 one.
I checked all of the wires and they all seem to be in place. I dont know about the rotation thing someone else mentioned in terms of like, timing and what not.sorry im a noob haha. First vehicle ive bought to solely work on myself.
Could it be caused by the wrong gaps in the spark plugs? I can supply the part number if nessecary
So I pulled off the distributor, and I did find that their are some small chips and ware on a few of the contact points. I realize it needs to be changed, but it wouldnt run any worse then it did before I started, which is what worries me. Now, there is some white smoke coming out of the exhaust after I turn the truck off. Am I looking at more problems then just the wires and plugs here?..
Also, if their was a misfire, when you gave it gas, it would spudder when trying. It didnt do that.. So I dont think the wires are off track
This is an 86 302 5.0
I used the 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 one.
I checked all of the wires and they all seem to be in place. I dont know about the rotation thing someone else mentioned in terms of like, timing and what not.sorry im a noob haha. First vehicle ive bought to solely work on myself.
Could it be caused by the wrong gaps in the spark plugs? I can supply the part number if nessecary
So I pulled off the distributor, and I did find that their are some small chips and ware on a few of the contact points. I realize it needs to be changed, but it wouldnt run any worse then it did before I started, which is what worries me. Now, there is some white smoke coming out of the exhaust after I turn the truck off. Am I looking at more problems then just the wires and plugs here?..
Also, if their was a misfire, when you gave it gas, it would spudder when trying. It didnt do that.. So I dont think the wires are off track